Circle of Love Wedding Business Byron Bay Review
Penny has and continues to manage her own Circle of Love Wedding and Events business in the Byron Bay and Tweed Coast regions for four and a half years and shares her experiences.
- Number of Weddings you have conducted? In total? Per Year? Between 20 – 30 per year on average.
- Why did you look at buying a COL franchise? It was something completely different to anything I’d ever done before. I was at a stage in my life where I just needed a change of career and happened to come across it in research for my own wedding. I thought it would be perfect, my own little investment and something I could put my creative mind to work on.
- Did your expectations match what you have experienced? Why? Yes definitely. I have had more weddings than I thought I would, the enquiries continue to roll in and the industry is a great and happy one to work in. There were no hidden costs involved with starting the business, there’s loads of support and you really can make it your own.
- What do you love about your business? The flexibility of working from home to your own hours, arranging meetings when it suits, its great like that. I love watching the actual weddings after the hard work is done and hearing everyone’s compliments about the beautiful ceremony set up. That really does make it all worth-while at the end of the day. I also love being outdoors and keeping active so this is perfect for that.
- What do you dislike about your business? Not a whole lot. Maybe just having to deal with bad weather and come up with a last minute plan B option. Long beach tracks can be physically demanding when carting gear but at the end of the day you feel you’ve worked hard, so that’s a good feeling.
- What do you love about being a part of the Circle of Love Franchise System? I love that you are never on your own. There is always support and help from all the other franchisees and our franchisor. It’s an established proven business so everything is at your fingertips to run a successful franchise.
- How has being a part of COL franchise benefited your business? Great marketing, continual leads, and constant support there.
- How has being a part of COL franchise benefited you personally & your personal life? Now being a mother it means I can run a business from home whilst juggling mum life. It means I can do my emails and invoicing etc when and wherever I need to, even on holidays if you wish. It means you can also have time to work another casual job on the side which I used to do also.
- Where do you see COL going? This is a steadily growing business with new Franchisees nearly every year so I see this continuing into the future.
- Where do you see you going with COL? I see myself continuing to build my franchise and extend on my professional network of contacts which will be beneficial for a new buyer one day.
- What has been your biggest challenge with COL? Juggling more than 1 wedding in a day.
- How do you think COL can be better? Just to have more of us :)
- How can COL help further your franchise? Just by keeping on top of current wedding trends and passing them on, finding good suppliers, marketing ideas to specific regions. This is already done so as long as it continues so will the growth of our franchises.
- What would you like to see at COL? Being recognised internationally and operating in every state of Australia.
- Any other comments? Best decision I ever made buying my franchise.
Thank you to Penny for her feedback and if you would like to know more about this great wedding business opportunity visit the Circle of Love Weddings and Events page to find out more.