Car Care Tackles Water Issue
Car Care is aware of the issues surrounding the use of water and have tackled this issue on many fronts;
What we feel is needed from the government are clear statements about what is the maximum level of permissible water usage to wash a car or even their adoption of waterless wash solutions where appropriate.
- We are, to the best of our knowledge, unique in franchised car detailing in that we carry our own power and water on all vehicles. This allows us to use a high pressure wash system with cut off trigger . High pressure wash systems like ours use far less water than a hose. Even fixed sites have been shown to use between 40-100 ltrs (after allowing for re-cycling this is still a huge qty)
- We recently carried out an independant audit on all Vic franchisees by the State of Victoria and carried out by Ecowise Environmental. Car Care received a 5 star excellent rating with a usage rate well under the expected levels. The independent audit carried out over 5 washes identified an average usage of 16.6 ltrs (including an allowance of 3ltrs for our shampoo machine which we only use on about 25% of jobs).
- We offer customers a completely waterless wash where appropriate (even some completely waterless wash companies use water in some cases) but have been disappointed by the take up.
- We are continually looking to adopt new techniques and products that reduce the usage of water with the proviso they do not damage the clients car.
- In SA we use water catchment mats where the water would otherwise run off into the drainage system.
- We can provide customers with a Quick & Easy Wash which requires only
- litres of water and no rinse.